Mix and match colours and cuts to create contrasting fashion looks.
As a fashion designer I am constantly observing what kids wear in India. It is promising to see mothers today opting for more cotton wear and also selecting natural fabrics that definitely help keep kids comfortable in our hot and humid tropical climate. However, mixing it up can go a long way in creating unique fashion looks for our children.
Look around at little girls near you, and more often than not, you will spot them in a typical floral, sleeveless dress with a waistline embellished with bows or fabric flowers. Or, you will spot them in shiny t-shirts and leggings. This fashion look just doesn’t stand out or make an impression!
If you are keen to experiment and try out some simple, trendy looks for your angel, we have some tips. To create stylish fashion looks for your daughter, you need to have a few basic essentials in her wardrobe. Here is our checklist:
1. Classic prints never look out of style (stripes, polkas, burberry checks)
2. Comfort fits (jumpers, overalls, pinafores, stylish shorts). Remember your child always wants to play.
3. Modern silhouettes for more formal occasions (bold frills, pleats, stylish cuts, rich and classy fabrics, lace fabrics)
4. Bold florals that make a fashion statement
5. Bold, statement jackets, shrugs and cardigans for a perfect layered look
6. Refreshing, unusual prints (quirky, geometric, funky, fresh)
6. Colourful accessories (socks, shoes, stoles)
(Note: Most of these images do not belong to Liz Jacob. These have been used only as representative images to communicate a look. Photo courtesy in order: Aliexpress, Pequeno, Burberry, Milk & Biscuit, Joy by Morena Rosa, Aliexpress, Blythe and Reese, Aliexpress, Airfish, Mishka Aoki, LePetitePosh, Dolce & Gabbana, Project Run and Play, Mango, Paade Mode, Dolce & Gabbana, Liz Jacob, Elizabeth Pettey)